Sunday, November 4, 2012

Zombie Walk Adventures

I'm not huge into the zombie craze.  Nothing really sexy about zombies to me.  I love the movie Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland, but that's about it.

But I have a few friends who are all about some Zombies.  And when I got a Facebook event add to the Zombie Walk in Fredericksburg, VA I let them know.  I decided to be a social person and head to the event.

Pre-Event Planning
If you watch the movie Zombieland Woody Harrelson's character Tallahassee is searching for an illusive box of unexpired Twinkies.
I had no idea that it would take me FOUR stores to find a box of Twinkies.  Kind of humorous in a way.

We all met at my friend's parents house in Fred'burg.  She made fabulous cupcakes and we got prepped and ready for the event.

Nicola had a great idea to show up as Zombie Hunters.  Which I liked that idea better.  I wasn't really keen on the idea of fake blood and looking like a zombie.  I sure walked like one because somehow I injured my left ankle.

I based my look on Wichita from the movie.  Eating the Twinkie after eating a cupcake made me a little sugar crazed.

Eric Tank
The event was a charity event of course.  They were doing a canned food drive and I brought like 5 cans of goods.  There were so many great zombie costumes.  My favorite was the dad who dressed his baby as a pretty flower and he was a zombie.  If you play Plants vs. Zombies you would get this.  It was too cute.  There were a few other Zombies from the game.


I met up with Lori and her husband Eric Tank who are in the 501st.  I can't escape Star Wars even for a day.  :)
Lori & Eric
At first we followed the group of zombies, but Nicola's husband was like eh this is boring let's go hunt zombies.  So we ran around in alleys in Fredericksburg popping on zombies.

The zombies loved this.  A few folks really played their zombies well.  All in all it was a fun time.  Mid-way through the stretch though we all saw Capital Ale House and figured it was a good day of zombie hunting and we all shuffled in for some food and ale.

FYI: All the photos except cupcake one (mine) are taken by Alan Nguyen.


Plant vs. Zombie 

No comments:

Post a Comment