Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Operation Size 8

The doctor told me a few months ago that I need to lose weight.  I have arthritis in the last 3 vertebrate in my spine.  I love horses, but they are hard on the body.   It’s one of my many injuries, but probably the most severe.  I wanted to start running and get fit so I can join the Reserve.  Wasn’t sure which Reserve but I wanted to join one of them.
But doctor said “no running”.  She wasn’t even pleased about the horse back riding.  She told me yoga, low impact cardio, and swimming.  I’m not a fan of any of those.  When I was working out I was doing BodyRock.TV before the whole thing went crazy.  Zuzana is back and doing her workouts on her own. Zuzana Workout of the Week I really like that style of workout.  It’s challenging, fun, and I really felt my body was strengthening, except my back.  I stopped doing it because my hips felt out of kilter.  But I'm just going to try and do the workouts and modify the more crazier moves like the burpees to something I can handle.
She told me to drop down to 143.  I’m around 185.  I just looked at her like she was crazy.  25 is a nicer weight.  Size 8 is fine to me.  I don’t really want to be that skinny and I’m not even sure how I’d get that small.  I know I probably could.  But 143 is a harder number to wrap my brain around.  But 160 is easier. 
I’m not sure which ZWOW I left off at a month ago.  But I plan to do my workouts each morning.  Mixing in ZWOWs and BodyRock.TV.  If I can afford to join a class I'd like to take pilates, but who has the time or the money, not this chick.  Clean up my diet a bit (tough around the holidays) and see where I am in three months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment