Wednesday, November 28, 2012

whew!

I hope everyone had a great holiday.

My father's side of the family invaded and I have to say everything turned out well.  Except one batch of dinner rolls.

For whatever reason my internal body clock is all messed up and I've been waking up at 3:30am since daylight savings time.  I made this recipe No Knead Dinner Rolls Wed afternoon.  Baked some for lasagna night.  Added butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning and boy where they good.  I added some cheese for cheesy bread.

3:30am the next day I spent cutting up sweet potatoes.  I made the mash potatoes using another recipe from The Pioneer Woman.  Then I went on making French Toast Casserole for breakfast and my dad started prepping the turkey.  My aunt joined us and brewed the coffee.

Then it was a party.  Gotta love some good coffee.

My grandma taught me how to make candied yams, even tho they were sweet potatoes.  But no one seems to know they aren't the same.

Oh yes the pumpkin and pecan pies.  I made three pies.  pumpkin, pecan, and pumpkin-pecan pie.  I think next year I'll make the chocolate bourbon pecan pie.  Why not die in bliss with each bite?

Redskins beat the Cowboys.

Having a lot of tequila in the house I made tequila sunrises.

My little cousins danced to Gangnam Style.  Fun times.  I think one of my fav Thanksgivings yet!

I have a bit of a migraine right now so hopefully this post isn't too blah.  Because I definitely feel blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment