Sunday, December 22, 2013

Goals

Showing horses can be a very complex ordeal.

USDF Medals: Bronze, Silver, Gold
Saturday nights have been dinner nights.  After barn chores we go to a restaurant to eat before going back to the barn to do night check.  It's really my chore, but my friends have been helping me since well they're awesome.

Last night Friend 1 and I started talking about showing.  Friend 2 is very new to the whole horse showing world.  And so we had to explain to her all the awards and divisions and different goals that one can pursue.

For my non horse friends.  When I show dressage I enter tests.  Generally you can only do 2 tests per day.  The judge scores each movement 0-10.  0 (movement not shown) 10 (you're awesome!)

To get 100 is impossible.  Horses aren't machines.  Horses have strengths and weaknesses just like their riders.

80s (you're freaking superwoman)
70s (you rocked the house)
60s (generally most folks are in this range.)
50s(well good try)
40s and below....  (to score this low is well you need to rethink the whole agenda)

2014
Short Term Awards
USDF All Breeds
I need to collect 8 scores from 4 different judges at 4 different shows.
Median must be 60% or higher.
Sith Pony would be competing against other horses in her breed association for scores.

Long Term Goals
This is a personal goal.  Earning "Medals" in the United States Dressage Federation is not only a personal thing but also for professional riders mean a of advertising yourself or to get into programs that the USDF offers.  For amateur riders its a special hooray.  I do teach children how to ride.  I'm not on the pro level that say my friends Renee Carter or Lauren Sprieser are at.  But by definition the USDF and USEF I am recognize as such.

Bronze Medal
2 scores 60%+ at First Level
2 scores 60%+ at Second Level
2 scores 60%+ at Third Level

But I want to eventually become a USDF judge.  To get into the "Learning" judge program I need 3 scores at 60% and 2nd level. As I want to work up the judging ranks I'll have to get my Bronze, Silver, and then Gold if I want to be more "advanced" judge.  Dressage is very systematic.  The dressage pyramid is amazing.  Great programs.


See I told you it gets complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment