Thursday, December 12, 2013

Air & Scare 2013


One of my first events to ever squire for when I was interested in joining the 501st was the Air & Scare hosted at the Air & Space Museum in Chantilly, VA.   It’s a huge event that draws over thousand people.  This year was my first year I was actually dressed in my Imperial officer.   My friend Raymond was also in an Imperial officer costume.  So we got to pull double duty as handlers and be dressed up.  My friend Kelly wanted to come and help.  A big help she was.  She’s not a huge Star Wars nerd, but she told me she had a blast with the event. 
It was a fun event.  It was great seeing a ton of happy kids and adult kids see their favorite Star Wars character.  There was a little girl dressed up as a witch probably around 4 years old who walked up to one of the Jedi and smacked him with her broom.  Funny how much the bad guys got a lot of love versus the Jedi. 

Jon, myself, and Raymond. 
Imperial Officers represent.  :D  
Tiny one hit the Jedi.  We approved.

Vader, Vicky and I.  
For a Trekkie Vicky is okay.  :D  

No comments:

Post a Comment