Monday, October 29, 2012

Patrick Tigchelaar Lesson

My horse Lilly is a very opinionated mare.  After my injury a few years ago I haven't had the confidence I use to have.  I think when you're a young rider a fall means get back up and keep trucking.  Well now I'm an adult and my body isn't as resilent as before a fall equals time off work and that means no paycheck.  I'm worried sometime she's going to go bat ass crazy and I'll fall off.

But I think also I've been letting her get away with murder.  Saddle issues has been cleared up with the new saddle and when Patrick came yesterday he was telling me it's her.  She's just pushing my buttons and being a pissy mare.

So after some tough love she finally said OKAY I'll DO MY JOB!  And we had very lovely canter work.

Patrick told me if I could to ride today depending on the hurricane.  And I woke up early and headed to the barn to help and to ride.  She was being a butthead again, because I've never ridden in the indoor arena at the new barn.  So everything was going to kill her in there.  But I finally got her to work and we did fine.

One thing is for sure I need more leg strength.  My left leg is just not happy with life.  Usually it's my right side that's not happy.  Fix one thing another thing breaks.


No comments:

Post a Comment