Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Before I Turn 30 List...

                I was reading one of those girlie magazines before my hair appointment a few months ago.  They had a “Things You Should Have Done Before You Turned 30” list.  Sadly many of them I had never even thought of doing or have never done.  Some were stupid like be in one failed relationship, obviously I’m single, so they’ve all failed.  But others were like take an overseas trip. 


30 in Sweden?  That's the plan!
 
I was born overseas, but I haven’t experienced foreign lands as an adult.  I turn 30 on June 9th 2014.  So I have roughly 20 months left to my 30th birthday.  My best friend and I are three days apart.  I emailed her and said this is our list.  I’m making her come to Dragon*Con, so I told her if there was anything she really wanted to do, then include it on the list.  But she was like nah most of the stuff I’ll just go along with you.
1.       Go to Mardi Gras.  I’ve never been to New Orleans before.  (Next year hopefully)
2.       Go to Europe.  We’re planning this trip June 2014.  We’ll both be 29 and hoping we’ll be 30 when we’re in Sweden or Denmark.  We plan to also visit Germany.
3.       Go to New York City.  I plan to attend NY Comic Con next year.  I also hope to make it a long weekend and do the touristy thing.  I’m not a fan of big cities, so this might either drive me insane or be a fun trip.
4.       Go to Philly.  I figure why not. 
5.       Go to Gettysburg.  I’m a History nerd as well.  Should make it a trip.
6.       Get one rejection letter for my novel.  Now I know it’ll be rejected like 50 million times, because I am a crappy writer, but getting one means the book is done!  That’s the hardest part ever.  I think I’ll finish it soon and after I edit it like 80x million times I’m hoping to submit to someone by spring of 2013 or earlier if I’m happy with it.
7.       Show 1st level dressage.  This is a horse related goal.  We can do it, just need to get out there.
8.       Pay off all debt.   So I can get back into debt in terms of a house mortgage.
9.       Get a new job.  I hope this happens sooner than later. 
10.   Apply to grad school.  I’m thinking about Uni. Of Alabama.  But we’ll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment